This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on WAP.
Information We Collect About You
1. Personal Information – This includes information through which you may be personally identified, such as name, gender, date of birth, contact number and email address collected via our WAP website (“Personal Information”)
2. Non-Personal Information – This includes information that alone cannot be used to identify or contact you. Such Non-Personal Information may include but is not limited to, browser information and details, operating system information, mobile device information, pages accessed, times of visit and referring websites, applications or services including relevant search queries that led you to our services (“Non-Personal Information”)
Collectively, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall be referred to as “Information”.
WAP is an invitation-only program for small businesses, mentors, investors, aspiring entrepreneurs and mentees and also for service providers who need to access the WAP for providing its services.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your Information is for the purpose of meeting our legitimate interests. The Personal Information is used for us to create an account with us that help small businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and mentees to meet and exchange their ideas on the WAP and also for service providers who need to access the WAP for providing its services.
We are a not-for-profit charitable organization and therefore, any Information that is collected and processed by us is for non-commercial purposes.
As a general reminder, please think carefully before you decide to put anything on the internet. For example, if you voluntarily disclose any Personal Information in the comments sections, that information could be seen and used by others, and may result in unsolicited messages from others. We are not responsible for any Information you may choose to submit in these public forums. To request removal of your Personal Information from WAP platform, please contact us as provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove Personal Information voluntarily disclosed by you in such forums for legal retention purposes or technical limitations (e.g., the data may not be searchable), in which case, we will notify you if we are unable to do so.
A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. A cookie file can contain and/or automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying (PII) and non-personally identifying (non-PII) information.
Cookies fall into the subcategories below.
Essential Cookies: Certain cookies are used for specific purposes that are essential to your secure use and navigation of the WAP website. Without them, WAP may not be able to provide core WAP website functions and features to you, and WAP website would not operate as well as you or we would like. These cookies collect and use information such as your server preferences, single-session data and corresponding identifier, web beacons and log files (detailed below), and other credential-related information. For EU individuals, essential cookies also help inform WAP users whether you require, or have already been served, an affirmative consent request in connection with the GDPR. Essential cookies include analytics cookies, which provide us data that allows WAP to better understand its users and improve the WAP website based on what we have learned from that data.
Preference Cookies: Preference cookies include social media cookies, which collect information about your social media usage and other data you may have provided in connection with such usage (if you access WAP website through a social media website or mobile application, you may have social media cookies). If you wish to modify or change your social media cookies, please visit and review the settings on your applicable social media account(s).
If you would like to manage your cookie preferences or learn more information about this practice and your right to decline (or opt-out of) cookies placed by some or all of these companies, please click here.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but generally allow users to modify their browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, to accept cookies only from certain websites, and/or to refuse all cookies.
We use web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) on our sites in order to recognize users, assess traffic patterns, identify preferred content and measure site engagement. We also include web beacons in our e-mail messages, including newsletters, in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened.
WAP platform also use web beacons to collect various data provided by your browser while you are on our WAP website and elsewhere (i.e., outside of the WAP website) where we may be acting as a third party. This data is collected in the aggregate, but may include or be associated with other non-PII or PII that users have voluntarily submitted.
The WAP website’s web and ad servers log information about a user’s IP address, browser type and the current URL the user is requesting. This information is always provided by a user’s browser and automatically logged by most websites. These log files are stored in a secure location and used in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our website.
Use of Your Information
We use your Information for the following purposes:
• to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance;
• to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently;
• to create your username and password;
• to identify you once you register on our website;
• to contact you and respond to your questions or requests; and
• to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
• to provide services to you, more details about which are available on the WAP website.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described below in this policy:
• To our service providers, who provide services for us including but not limited to sending emails on our behalf, providing analytics services and helping us provide services as requested by users. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them. We do NOT share, sell, rent or trade Personal Information with third parties for their own promotional purposes and we will only share Personal Information as outlined herein or with your consent.
• We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law such as to comply with a subpoena or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us or to protect and defend the rights or property of Wadhwani Foundation.
Access, correction, objection of your Information:
You have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your Personal Information that we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information.
You can assert your rights in the corresponding sections where such Personal Information was provided or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We care about the protection of your Personal Information and use industry standard safeguards to do so. Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that no data transmission on the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Currently, you information is stored on Microsoft Azure Cloud. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the Foundation. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us as provided below.
Privacy of Children
WAP platform is intended for people who are at least 16 years of age.
If you are less than 16 years old, please do not send any Personal Information. We do not knowingly collect (nor do we wish to collect) any personally identifiable information or other user information from children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn we have collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete such from our database and terminate the corresponding account, if any. We encourage you to discuss WAP platform with your parent or guardian.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or requests.
If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.